Employment at Barrco Wholesale Auto Parts.
Barrco Auto Warehouse has temporary, part time and full time job openings from time to time.
Enclosed are a few of the job descriptions that Barrco offers when available. Please feel free to apply for work or check with our Office Manager to see if there are any current openings. All are welcome to apply.
Applications can be mailed or faxed to Barrco Automotive Attn: Office Manager at - 87 Albany Avenue, Springfield, MA 01105 fax (413) 781-0135.
You may also fill out the form and drop it by in person. Thank you.
Front Counter - Customer Service / Sales - Auto Parts
Barrco Automotive accepts applications from experienced front Counter Representatives to join our team in Springfield, MA.
The Counter Rep is responsible for assisting walk-in customer with their parts needs Must have Excellent customer service skills and at minimum 2 years auto parts experience. Counter Rep needs to be knowledgeable about the lookup of cars by year, make, model VIN and part categories and types.
Multi-lingual is a plus.
· Assist Walk-in customer with finding and purchasing parts
· Operate computer for parts lookup
· Answers customer questions
· Handles cash
· Stocks and pulls parts
· Answers phones
· Keeps store and front counter clean
· High School Degree or GED
· 2 years automotive parts experience
· Valid driver license and Insurance
· Must have your own vehicle
· Must be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
Typical 8 hour day to include walking, squatting and lifting. Toperform the duties of this job the employee must be capable of working in a fast pace environment. Heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more may be required.
The Counter Rep compensation consists of hourly pay based on hours work.
Wholesale Parts Driver / Deliverly - Auto Parts
Full time / & Part time opportunities.
Barrco Automotive accepts applications from safe drivers to join our team in Springfield, MA.
About the Job;
Our success has come from excellent customer service and industry expertise. Can you meet this challenge?
Position is full time and or part time working during the operating hours of Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM working out of our warehouse facility in Springfield MA.
Equal Opportunity Employer.Minimum Qualifications:
• 21+ Years old and automotive experience is mandatory !
• Must have a valid driver’s license and pass physical and drug screening
• Must have clean driving record - no major accidents or tickets
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Knowledge of Western MA / and the Springfield MA area
• GPS ownership a plus.
• Follow safe driving laws.
• Must have own transportation to work and arrive on time daily.
• Provide customers courteous and helpful service during delivery.
• Assure that all delivery orders are 100% accurate going onto the truck before leaving the warehouse.
• Assure product is handled with care during loading and unloading.
• Assure vehicles are regularly fueled, clean and organized.
• Report any order inaccuracies, shortages, overages and issues before leaving the warehouse.
• Driving safely and friendly to protect others, yourself and properly represent the company in public.
• Check items properly before delivering to customers.
• Return all complete, signed invoices and incomplete delivery invoices to supervisor.
• Make order pick-ups as directed by supervisor on an as needed basis.
• Unload deliveries to the warehouse, putting product in the proper location.
The Wholesale parts driver compensation consists of hourly pay based on hours work.
General Warehouse Worker - Auto Parts
May be responsible for performing any number of duties and functions, depending upon what department they are primarily assigned to. These departments may include: Shipping, Receiving, Replenishment Reclamation, Cycle Count, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
Is trained, certified, assigned and regularly uses lift equipment as needed.
Marks pallets with identifying store information.
Uses the computer to enter records.
Keeps work area neat, clean and hazard free.
Consistent, reliable attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required.
Prior warehouse experience or training is preferred but not required.
One to three years related experience andor training; or some equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position has NO supervisory responsibility.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Post-hire certifications may be required to comply with safety standards as mandated by law to operate machinery or equipment.
Flexible to work in various shifts, departments and locations as required.
Overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other team members of the organization.
Ability to add subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, talk and hear. The team member will be frequently required to stop, kneel and crouch. The team member occasionally will be required to sit, climb, or balance. The team member must regularly lift andor move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift andor move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift andor move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually high (loud).
Job descriptions change from time to time - so please check with Barrco for the latest job description. At the time of interview and job offer a job description will be reviewed with the applicant.